Friday, July 19, 2013

A Dose of "Best Wishes"...

Two weeks ago my best friend got engaged while vacationing in Turks and Caicos! Amazing right? We had a hunch he would be proposing so of course I was soooo anxious the entire weekend waiting for the good news! I'm so extremely happy for them!

 The ring suits her perfectly and is even more gorgeous in person!

Obviously a celebration was in order. The following weekend we enjoyed dinner and drinks at Olive and Ivy. If you've never been, I recommend visiting when the weather is nice. They have a gorgeous patio overlooking the Scottsdale waterfront.

 
Love these ladies!

Because they knew we were celebrating, the waitress brought us some delicious desserts. She told us about a lil old wives tale that goes something like this...You always say to a bride-to-be, "best wishes", never congrats, because congrats is used for when you win something, and he's already won you. Can I get an awwww!? So cute huh? Have any of you ever heard that saying before?

I love you Erica! I can't wait for all the exciting planning to start!!

9 comments:

  1. In love what the waitress said. I've never heard that before. Congrats to your friend! That ring is gorgeous! So unique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so exciting. You guys look like you had a blast. Congrats to your friend! :) Fabulous post, as always, love. If you get a sec, I've got some super exciting news I'm sharing on my blog today. I'd love if you'd check it out. xo

    www.fashboulevard.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best friends getting engaged is literally my favorite thing ever! Love your cute blog!
    www.graceelizabethcollins.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww what a happy occasion! i love love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so happy for you and your friends' happiness!
    that ring is stunnnnnning. beautiful!
    anticipationblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. lets go back to the fact that they were in turks and cacous... i want to go!!
    :)
    she will be a beautiful beautiful bride!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh right!? Her photos from the trip are so gorgeous!!

      Delete